Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kar301281
Contributor
Contributor

Drill through Dimension Skipping level in Pivot table. I've 3 levels and Drill through skips 2 level

I have a drill through dimension and i have three levels. When i am pulling the drill through dimension in my pivot tables and measures. Drill through dimension behavior is when i click first level it skips the second level and goes directly to third level. 

Not sure why it is skipping the second level. 

I would like to know if there is an option which i am missing. My if 3rd level has data and second also data and not sure why the qliksense is skipping the second level. 

Is there any property or functions which i need to work on get the display for all the levels and where exactly i should need to define this function or property. any example video or document would be helpful.? 

Labels (1)
4 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

the drill down dimension works like this 

if you have one value in the dimension go to the next dimension 

so i your case 

if in the second dimension there is only one value , it will go directly to the third dimension

kar301281
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Lironbaram!

I got now what you are saying. I want still that to show if even if it has one value, is there a way in qliksense to show that and based on the second level clik drill through and i want to go to third level. 

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hi 

no, you can't change this behavior , 

if you want to control it , use a pivot chart with 3 separate dimensions  

kar301281
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the details! Is there any documents or case study in cube drill through dimension with Pivot table. 

Like what all we can do with Pivot table in qlik sense ..? 

I want some cube functionality like Rank, which is to get top 10 

Suppress Zero values in Rows and columns. 

Also if there are any best practices which we need to follow for creating Pivot tables using Drill through dimensions.