cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olip
Creator
Creator

Drill through one sheet to another in Qlik Sense

Hello All - Is there a way within the latest version of Qlik Sense (Sep 2019 or higher) to drill through from one sheet to other.

Idea is to drill through a selected field value and landing in a detailed sheet for that selected value(s).

I am not looking at extension as the only option here.

Thanks,

Alip

- Eager to learn n grow,

Olip
Labels (2)
3 Replies
Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I don't believe that there's a native simply configurable click through function available (unless I've missed something in recent releases). The standard response to this requirement back in the day was to explain that you could use a drill-down dimension or include a second table/visualisation with the detail in somewhere usefully nearby, but I understand that's not going to work for everyone. A kind of workaround for the straight table object is to use the URL representation property in the dimension value to use the URL for the sheet you want people to navigate to.

To configure this, copy the URL for the sheet you want users to navigate to in the Field property of your dimension, set the Representation property to "URL" and the put the field you actually want to display in the URL label field.

Rod

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I should point out that the solution I outlined above will typically open the target sheet in a new browser tab, which may not be what you desire. There are extensions that allow better configurability of the URL to avoid this happening.

Olip
Creator
Creator
Author

yes indeed but not what I am looking for, as you figured.

- Eager to learn n grow,

Olip