cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steverosebrook
Contributor III
Contributor III

Duplicating Published Apps with New Content

We’re new to Qlik, and are currently still working on our first set of apps.  We had an initial app that we published to a stream in our Dev server two weeks ago.  We then continued development in that published app: adding a number of new measures, dimensions, and sheets.  Now we want to duplicate that app to create other apps.  However, when we duplicate that app, only the original sheets and measures are copied over.  This basically means we’ve wasted the last two weeks of work since we can’t copy any of those items to another app.  Surely there’s a way to get all those things we’ve worked on the past two weeks copied over to a new app right?

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Did you publish the objects you added to the app too? Or are those still in your private stream?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
steverosebrook
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Some of the sheets were published after the app was published, some were not.  None of those new sheets got copied over - and none of the new measures.  I'm not sure whether it's possible to "publish" new measures or not.

Update: We were able to use a workaround mentioned in the following post:Howto add a published community sheet to the approved sheetsWe did option 2: Copy the Binary File from the Apps folder, rename the Binary file with a .qvf extension, then import the renamed file.

This gave us a duplicated copy of the full app, including all new sheets and measures that were created after the app was published initially.

What I'm taking away from this is that we should never do development in a published app.  When we publish an app we should immediately duplicate it back to My Work, then do any further development in that app.