cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CMR
Contributor
Contributor

Duplicating an app - Issue since Feb 2019 upgrade

I'm trying to duplicate an existing app which I created, to use as the foundation for a new one in the Hub.  Prior to the February 2019 upgrade the option to copy  was available when right clicking on the App.

According to the help site as long as it is an App I have created I should still be able to duplicate. But now when I right click the options are Open without data or Delete

I have just upgraded to the April 2019 and the issue remains. I understand I can copy and paste the file in the windows app folder and rename it then go back and open the desktop and it's there. But this seems a lot more complicated than the previous option to copy at the desk top. 

Is the Open without data option how you copy an App now and then you have to reload the old data or new data set?

3 Replies
Sue_Macaluso
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CMR  Which product are you using? I would like to move this into the correct product forum. Thanks

Sue Macaluso
CMR
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Qlik Sense Desktop April 2019 version 

Thanks 

rajagenentech
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi there, 

We are facing a similar issue in Feb 2019 QlikSense SR4 build aswell,  where when a developer is granted 'Application Admin' access they are not able to duplicate the App. The option is disabled, however if we grant Root Admin access the users are able to view the duplicate option. 

Have you found any resolution for this ?