Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LReeve
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dynamic Control Charts

Hi Guys,

I am looking to create a Control Chart with Stages and have managed to make it match the calculation found in Stat software like MiniTab. My only problem is the way I have done it isn't dynamic and requires me to manual adjust each chart with a nested if for each. Example with 2 stages below for the UCL (Created as a Measure not a Reference Line):

If(Stage = 1,
Avg(Total {<Stage = {"1"}>} Volume) + 2.66*avg(Total {<Stage = {"1"}>} aggr(fabs(above(Volume)-[Volume]),[Date])),
Avg(Total {<Stage = {"2"}>} Volume) + 2.66*avg(Total {<Stage = {"2"}>} aggr(fabs(above(Volume)-[Volume]),[Date])))

I am explicitly needing to reference each individual stage in the measure to make the line split.

I have attempted the following to make it dynamically calculate based on the number of Stages present:

• Total <Stage> - an attempt to make it automatically Average per Stage on the Total Function. This does nothing.
  • {<Stage = {"$(=Max(Stage))"}>} - This also only provides a single line and uses the Maximum stage to calculate.
  • Looping in Data Load to create the forumla  - This works but isn't as ideal as cracking it in a measure. It replicates the Nested If dynamically.

Any support would be greatly appreciated - even if is to just confirm that it is impossible!

Example Outcome attached.

Thanks

Labels (5)
1 Reply
LReeve
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Checking in on if anyone has had any ideas!

Thanks