Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic comparison

Hello,

Below is the design I am trying to achieve in Qlik Sense.

Capture.JPG.png

The selections in the above fields are used to manipulate the visualizations.

I have written an Inline load to load the three types of Comparison periods (MoM, QoQ, YoY). Based on the selection of Comparison period selection, I am changing the fields for the Compare and against drop downs. The expression is -

If (GetSelectedCount(Type)=1,if (GetFieldSelections(Type)='Month on Month (MoM)',Text(FromMonthYear),if (GetFieldSelections(Type)='Quarter on Quarter (QoQ)',Text(FromQuarterYear),if (GetFieldSelections(Type)='Year on Year (YoY)',FromYear,FromYear))),FromYear)

Type field has the Comparison Period types. FromMonthYear, FromQuarterYear, FromYear are the three fields derived from resident load of the master calendar.

The values for (2) and (3) are populating correctly based on (1) selection. But for some reason, when I am selecting values in (2) or (3), all the 3 values in (1) are getting selected.

Can anyone please point what is the mistake in the design, or is there an alternative to achieve the required design ?

5 Replies
cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You should try to use Alternate States in Qlik Sense.

More details here :https://community.qlik.com/thread/192166 ,

here : https://community.qlik.com/thread/199274

and you can search even for more...

Not applicable
Author

Since the dashboards will be used by client and need good UI, I will not be able to use the alternate state extension.

Is there a way to achieve this using custom widgets in QlikSense?

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Create same calendar again and unlink it with data model.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The values for (2) and (3) are populating correctly based on (1) selection. But for some reason, when I am selecting values in (2) or (3), all the 3 values in (1) are getting selected.

Please post a small Qlik Sense app that demonstrates the problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Attaching a sample app.