Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Easy (?) KPI Question

This is probably a really easy question for someone who isn't a novice with QlikSense, but I'm trying to do the following, and could use some help.

I have a series of data in a bar chart and a KPI that shows the highest amount in that data. But I also want to display the name associated with that value in a box next to it - either a second KPI or text box. I have been able to do that when only a single name value is selected, but when it's not filtered for a particular person, it shows up blank. Screenshot is attached to give you an idea. In this example, Matt Mawson's name should appear in the box next to the Pts Leader.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

What is the expression that you are using to create the bar chart? Is it Sum(Points) or Avg(Points)? Assuming it is Sum(Points), try this:

FirstSortedValue(FullName, -Aggr(Sum(Points), FullName))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

You should be able to use FirstSortedValue() function here, not sure what you expression is, but something like this:

FirstSortedValue(Name, -Aggr(YourBarChartExpression, Name))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny. It didn't quite work, but I may be interpreting your note incorrectly. This is the expression I just created, but it's returning an error:

FirstSortedValue(FullName,-Aggr(Max(Points),FullName)

with "FullName" being the name field I want to return and Points being the Max value in the KPI to the right. When you say "YourBarChartExpression", I wasn't sure what I should replace that with.

sunny_talwar

What is the expression that you are using to create the bar chart? Is it Sum(Points) or Avg(Points)? Assuming it is Sum(Points), try this:

FirstSortedValue(FullName, -Aggr(Sum(Points), FullName))

Not applicable
Author

Sunny - you're the best! Thanks so much - that worked!