Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kirsten
Creator II
Creator II

Error in code

I pull my data from a SQL database. The first code works fine until code nr 5

I get the following  "error: -1=   the error occurred here: ?"  (see first attachment red marked where the error occurs, see second attachment for the error message) But in the code where it returns an error  there is no -1 or ?

In all the subsequential  codes the same error occurs

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gp_oconnor
Partner - Contributor III

I think the error is related to the synthetic keys, which I think can be avoided by removing the "*," when populating the t_Link table or alternatively removing the fields EquipmentID, [System 6NC], CountryCode, [Part 12NC], SWO from all of the tables in the data model aside from the t_Link table.

Something else worth trying is temporarily removing the AutoNumberHash256 invocations.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
gp_oconnor

I think the error is related to the synthetic keys, which I think can be avoided by removing the "*," when populating the t_Link table or alternatively removing the fields EquipmentID, [System 6NC], CountryCode, [Part 12NC], SWO from all of the tables in the data model aside from the t_Link table.

Something else worth trying is temporarily removing the AutoNumberHash256 invocations.

Kirsten
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@gp_oconnor  Thanks it works. It is resolved by removing  "*,"   The subsequential  codes now always work, although I did not run them all yet. Since I changed something in the upload. What did I change and is there something I need to do after I uploaded all data to return it back to what it was?

gp_oconnor

@Kirsten, I'm not sure I understand your question correctly.  Can you please supply some more information?

The synthetic keys were being generated because the dimension fields used for the compound keys were on the link table as well as on the fact tables.  Removing the "*," would have fixed that and the compound keys would have been the only common fields between the fact tables and the link table.  The data load should therefore complete without the strange error message you were experiencing previously.

Is the data model produced by the load script not giving you the expected results in the expressions / measures?

Kirsten
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @gp_oconnor   The datamodel is giving me the expected results, and removing the "*,"  is resolving the issue. Just wanted to check if anything additional needs to be done. Thanks for the solution