Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simone_c
Partner - Contributor III

Error when trying to duplicate an app - QlikSense Server

Hi all,

I am getting the following error when trying to duplicate an app, both in QMC and HUB:

- from QMC, I get the error 'The operation failed due to insufficient privileges', but actually the app is duplicated, I can see it in the HUB, but does not contain any sheet.

- from HUB I get the error 'The app could not be duplicated', the app is still duplicated, but I can't see it in the HUB, only in the QMC.

In the log files I've found the following error: "ResultText=Error: Forbidden [LOCERR_HTTP_403]:Forbidden(REST HTTP error)"

The error seems to be related to insufficient priviliges, but I cant' find which is the security rule involved, or the resource filter that I have to look at.

Could anyone give me any help?

Thanks

Simone

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simone_c
Author

Finally I found that after adding the 'Update' action to the DataConnection_* resource filter (previously was only 'Read') I am able to correctly duplicate the App.

Reddys310 no, there is no Section Access (for the moment)

Thank you so much for help.

Simone

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sujith1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I believe you are the owner of the app, just logout close the browser and then check could be caching issue as well

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Simon,

Check your privileges and modify them if you do not have appropriate rights to create an app. This could be a cause of the 403 error.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

And in QMC Check if your User has a Content admin role allocated to you. This allows you to develop apps.

simone_c
Author

Hi Sangram,

the problem is that I don't want to use Content Admin role, but I want to define a custom rule: I have surely did something wrong, but I am not able to understand what.

It seems that I have no privileges to duplicate an app that contains a sheet, while I can duplicate an empty app.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Simone,

In the app which you are trying to duplicate, is there Section access?

sujith1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

This seems to be a Security rule issue.

For troubleshooting , please apply a filter on "ResourceFilter on 'App.Object_*' " and "App_*'

this will list all the rules that is associated for the app objects

Disable all the rules initially within the filter and then try duplicating your apps,

If it works, then reenable each rule individually , you should come across the rule thats blocking the access

Note : There could more than 1 rule thats blocking the access, so you will have to through all your rules within the filter

simone_c
Author

Finally I found that after adding the 'Update' action to the DataConnection_* resource filter (previously was only 'Read') I am able to correctly duplicate the App.

Reddys310 no, there is no Section Access (for the moment)

Thank you so much for help.

Simone

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Great that you have got it working !