Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export/move Qlik Sense QVF with private user sheets

Hi all,

I need a possibility to export a Qlik Sense app at one server and import the same app with all settings etc to another server (some kind of an app migration). All the settings, data connections, users, loadscripts, tags and images are just fine and I found a way to recreate them, but not the custom user sheets that a user can create in a published app.

The list of app objects in the original app contains e. g. a published "Type of Work" sheet, and two users the "qlik-admin" and a "super 2" user have created private copies ("Type of Work Super 2" and "Type of Work - Qlik admin"). When I export the published app into a QVF file that file does no longer contain the not-published sheets of the two users. If that QVF file is imported the sheets are gone (see first line in the screenshot).

The full app-object does not contain any sheet configuration, so this is not an option in my opinion (cf. GET /qrs/app/object/full). Exporting the sheets into PDF is not an option, because the user needs to edit the charts after the migration or create fresh exports with new data etc.

How can I migrated / copy those sheets as well?

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hey Beckmann,

I am also facing the same issue...???

Have you found any solution on this.

Not applicable
Author

Yes there is a complex way to migrate user sheets as well:

1. approve all sheets (remember which sheets got approved by this action)
  2. publish all sheets (remember which sheets got published by this action)
  3. Export the QVF
  4. Import the QVF somewhere else
  5. disapprove the private sheets
  6. unpublish the private sheets

Note: you can do this with all kinds of private data (e. g. bookmarks, stories)

The UI does not offer all of this functionality, but you can use the REST API.

Not very straight forward, but that's a workaround that works for me.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Thilo,

which API can approve / publish sheet ? RPS API ?

Do you have an example please ?

Thank you.

Eric

Not applicable
Author

in general you can get information on the QRS (Qlik Repository Service) on this page: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/1.0/Subsystems/Qlik_Sense_Repository_Service_API/Content...

However you might need to get additional call to get to know by using the dev tool of your browser to see which addresses are used. I did this and found the following undocumented methods:

GET /qrs/app/object/full

PUT /qrs/app/object/{id}

PUT /qrs/app/object/{id}/publish

PUT /qrs/app/object/{id}/unpublish

Hope this helps

regards

Thilo