Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export text object to .txt file

Hi,

Does anyone knows if it is possible to export textbox content to a text file?

Best Arthur

5 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Directly into a text file, no.

You can however print to a PDF or export it to an XLS file and copy-paste it to a textfile. To do so, just right-click the object and select the option from the menu.

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

I need this functionality to generate a custom and dynamic management summary. PDF is not usefull as it is a picture, so I can't convert it into text.  My textbox contains a combination of plain text and expressions. The XLS export does only export the data (from the expression) and not the plain text.

Is there maybe another workaround? Maybe extensions can help?

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi,

You can only export content to excel, take a snap shot or convert it to a PDF as of now. But as you have the leverage to build extensions, I am quite sure it can be done, if you can build a custom text box which has a functionality to export it to a .txt file format.(Only if its a mandatory requirement)

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Arthur Lankester wrote:

generate a custom and dynamic management summary

You mean... you need what they bought QlikView for? Like... a dashboard.

Forget a report and instead start using what you got QlikView for. It will change the dynamic of your management meetings, but it will give you more answers on the spot.

Bring a laptop or iPad to the next meeting with your QlikView dashboard.

May you live in interesting times!
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Arthuerlankester,

I totally agree with Onno. But if you want to achieve such functionality . contact Qlik about N-Printing. May be this can solve your issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.