Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruben_moya
Creator
Creator

Exporting table in excel with Auto formatting

(QlikSense)

Dear experts,

We need to change the format number in a measure in a tables . We are using a variable ( v.FNum) and the num function to control it. We define the variable in the script and we give them different values depending on certain conditions:

SET v.FNum = '#.##0';

SET v.FNum = '#,##0';

num(Sum({<Product={'Hotel'}>}Sales),v.FNum)

It works perfectly.

HOWEVER, to be able use the format we need to define the formatting field as 'Auto'.  Qlik doesn't seem to be able to export the format when the formatting isn't defined as Number. If the format is defined as Number, it's not dynamic anymore.

Could you think of a way of controlling the formatting of a measure and being able to keep the formatting in excel after having exported it?

Thanks in advanced!

Labels (3)
5 Replies
UserID2626
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

try changing formatting from Auto to custom and enter your format

Image.JPG

ruben_moya
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your anwer! however, if i use that format its not dynamic anymore

UserID2626
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Can you share the screenshot what exactly you want to export(how the data should be)

ruben_moya
Creator
Creator
Author

Just a table with a sum(sales) measure and a dimension.

Find a screenshot attached. On the right is how it is shown in Qlik and on the left how it is actually exported

UserID2626
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Image.JPG

I am getting correct result when exporting from my Qlik desktop, kindly check number format options in your Excel.