Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Field event triggers in Qlik Sense

Hello,

I would like to know if there is anything close to the "field event triggers" present in Qlik View but not in Qlik Sense.  I mean by that the ability to "connect" two fields in a way that when I modify one field/dimension it triggers an action on another field/dimension.

Thanks

4 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

There isn't the same thing out of box, but a field selection could be saved in a variable and used in any expression ?

What do you want to modify in the target field ?

Not applicable
Author

Yes I didn't think about that.  I would like to assign the same value to another dimension based on the modification on another one. 

Should I use the "p" function ? Could you give a little example of the scripting necessary if I should not use this function ?

Not applicable
Author

Can you show example please?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You can use p() and other syntax in set analysis to filter a chart object by one dimension based on the value selected in another dimension. I can share an example of that.

But its not the same as driving a selection in one dimension based on another. That is usually a 2 step process in Sense.

If you need the latter there might be a novel data model solution that would allow the values to propogate from one dimension to another without creating unwanted associations.