Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wnorwood
Contributor III
Contributor III

Filter based on a measure result

Hello,

I have worked with QlikView for a while now, but I am fairly new to Qlik Sense.  I have some challenging requirements that I am attempting to make work in Qlik Sense.

First, users select one date that gets applied to two different date dimensions (one as <= and the other as >). So, I have a list box of dates and have a variable that captures the GetFieldSelection.

Next, these date criteria are used to determine if the record is "issued" or "not issued" based on the variable.  I used Set Analysis to create a measure that results in either "issued" or "not issued".

Now, I am trying to find a way that users can filter by selecting "issued" or "not issued".  Since this in done as  a measure, I haven't had much luck.  I have been trying different things for a couple of days, so thought it was time to reach out for help 🙂

Here is my Set Analysis and using for the measure:

=maxstring({$<[Expiration Date]={">$(=Date($(vSelectDate)))"},[Inception Date]={"<$(=Date($(vSelectDate)))"}>} if(([Issue Date] > $(vSelectDate)) or isnull([Issue Date]), 'Not Issued', 'Issued'))

I would appreciate any assistance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wnorwood
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I resolved my question.  I replaced my measure with a dimension with the following expression:

=aggr(if(([Issue Date] > $(vSelectDate)) or isnull([Issue Date]), 'Not Issued', 'Issued'),[Number])

I can now use the magnifying glass on the column to filter.  It is not ideal, but it gets the job done.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to post on this sight.  I came up with this solution by combining information from many different posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
wnorwood
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I resolved my question.  I replaced my measure with a dimension with the following expression:

=aggr(if(([Issue Date] > $(vSelectDate)) or isnull([Issue Date]), 'Not Issued', 'Issued'),[Number])

I can now use the magnifying glass on the column to filter.  It is not ideal, but it gets the job done.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to post on this sight.  I came up with this solution by combining information from many different posts.