Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filtering in Qlik Sense

Hi -

I have a listbox in Qlik Sense that lists out skills, so when I select a skill it gives me all of the people with that skill. I would like to be able to select multiple skills, so I find a person that has all my seleted skills. Currently when I select multiple skills, its giving me everyone who has at least one of the skills. How can I change the filter for me to give me only the people that meet all of the selected criteria in the listbox?

Thanks!

2 Replies
santhoo_san
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You can create another field with all the combinations you require and then use the field as your selection box.

Field 1           Field 2

A                    GroupA

B                    GroupA

B                    GroupB

C                    GroupA

D                    GroupB

A                    GroupC

B                    CroupC

C                    GroupC

D                    GroupC

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

There was a setting in QlikView called 'AND Mode' to accomplish this. Not there in Sense, but you can still use some expression work .  Here is  a sample that shows a chart

No selections:

Capture.PNG

Selecting Skills A, B and C ... only User1 has all three (chart on top right uses AND mode)

Capture2.PNG

The chart expression for the 'and mode' chart is:

if(getselectedcount(Skills)>0,

count( distinct {<User={"=aggr(count(distinct Skills),User)=getselectedcount(Skills)"}>} Skills)

count(distinct Skills)

)