Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering the Values in a Filter Pane

Hi,

I'm creating a sheet of Salesforce data.  This sheet is just to show details related to open opportunities of particular record types, so I'm using set analysis on my charts and KPIs in order to filter them appropriately.  I'm able to get everything filtered and displaying properly except for in a Filter Pane.

The filter pane is for the Opportunity Owner.  Since the point of the sheet is to limit results/statistics to certain record types and stages, I want to make sure that only the appropriate Opportunity Owners show up in the filter pane.  By doing a formula using Aggr() and Only() I am able to filter the list correctly, but the Green, Light Grey, Dark Grey bar below the filter pane shows as fully dark grey no matter what selections I make in that filter pane.

Below is the formula that I used to filter the filter pane and attached is an image of the filter pane (with no selections made).

Aggr(Only({$ <[Opportunity Record Type]={"Record Type 1","Record Type 2","Record Type 3"},

[Stage]-={"Renewal Lost","Renewal Won","Merged","CTL Owned"}>}[Opportunity Owner]),[Opportunity Owner])

I wanted to see if anyone else has run into this issue, and found a solution, or if it's something I need to propose as an idea/something for Qlik to evaluate in a future release.

Thank you,

Justin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for the workaround.  I'm not fully sure I want to implement it as I will have to do it for each of the filter panes and I want to keep the field list relatively small for when the users start creating their own sheets/visualizations.

I actually found an answer (link below) to the issue that properly keeps the bar colors, though I'm sure it is more memory intensive.  Hopefully not too much so.

Also, a note for anyone else who reads this: The colors only display properly if the fields that are limiting the values are in the same table as the filter pane field.  If the field is in another table the bar will show as fully dark grey regardless of selections, but the values will be properly limited.

Show only certain listbox values | Qlik Community

Thanks again,

Justin

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Try replacing the Set ID = $ with the Set ID = 1 and see if it helps.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Milan, Italy!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for the attempt, but unfortunately it did not work.  Attached is another image to show what happens when an Opportunity Owner is selected, with either $ or 1 for the Set ID.  The filter pane bar is still fully dark grey, instead of being partially green with the rest white.

Is there possibly another way to filter the filter pane that I could attempt?

Best regards,

Justin

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm not too sure how it's calculated in Sense. It's possible that the bar is only calculated for fields and not for calculated expressions.

How about good ol' low-tech trick of adding another field in your dataset, which would only carry the desired values, and that would allow you to avoid all the pyrotechnics? Back to simplicity...

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Milan, Italy!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for the workaround.  I'm not fully sure I want to implement it as I will have to do it for each of the filter panes and I want to keep the field list relatively small for when the users start creating their own sheets/visualizations.

I actually found an answer (link below) to the issue that properly keeps the bar colors, though I'm sure it is more memory intensive.  Hopefully not too much so.

Also, a note for anyone else who reads this: The colors only display properly if the fields that are limiting the values are in the same table as the filter pane field.  If the field is in another table the bar will show as fully dark grey regardless of selections, but the values will be properly limited.

Show only certain listbox values | Qlik Community

Thanks again,

Justin