cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwighttrumbower
Creator
Creator

Filtering vs mutually exclusive

When using filters, the backend seem to use and OR to filter the data. Is there a way to make it an AND?

If I where to select on the Feature filter of 5th Wheel and Accessories, the table that I display would show all invoices that have at least one of the options. I want to show invoices that only have those options. 

Thanks

clipboard_image_0.png

4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

My guess is that what you are asking for is supported by the qlik sense qix engine hence it is a feature in QlikView. AND mode in List Boxes  I have however not seen anything  written about this for qlik sense by Qlik nor the open source extension community.

I have however seen a workaround to accomplish similar behaviour in Qlik Sense, take a look at this community thread posted by @JonnyPoole .

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Generating-AND-OR-NOT-selection-logic-...

dwighttrumbower
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the reply. I would think an analytical tool would do more than just than the associate type of filtering.

My users want to ask questions like: "How many orders did we have with feature 1 and feature 2 and feature 3? "  With my limited knowledge of Qlik Sense, I don't see an easy way to show this.

Thanks

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Doesn't the last link I posted help you to do what you want?

dwighttrumbower
Creator
Creator
Author

I'm looking into it.