Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
BARC’s The BI Survey 19 makes it official. BI users love Qlik. GET REPORT
dwighttrumbower
New Contributor II

Filtering vs mutually exclusive

When using filters, the backend seem to use and OR to filter the data. Is there a way to make it an AND?

If I where to select on the Feature filter of 5th Wheel and Accessories, the table that I display would show all invoices that have at least one of the options. I want to show invoices that only have those options. 

Thanks

clipboard_image_0.png

4 Replies
Partner
Partner

Re: Filtering vs mutually exclusive

My guess is that what you are asking for is supported by the qlik sense qix engine hence it is a feature in QlikView. AND mode in List Boxes  I have however not seen anything  written about this for qlik sense by Qlik nor the open source extension community.

I have however seen a workaround to accomplish similar behaviour in Qlik Sense, take a look at this community thread posted by @JonnyPoole .

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Generating-AND-OR-NOT-selection-logic-...

Plees ekskuse my Swenglish and or Norweglish spelling misstakes
dwighttrumbower
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply. I would think an analytical tool would do more than just than the associate type of filtering.

My users want to ask questions like: "How many orders did we have with feature 1 and feature 2 and feature 3? "  With my limited knowledge of Qlik Sense, I don't see an easy way to show this.

Thanks

Partner
Partner

Doesn't the last link I posted help you to do what you want?

Plees ekskuse my Swenglish and or Norweglish spelling misstakes
dwighttrumbower
New Contributor II

I'm looking into it.