Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradeep92
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Filtering with Live Data Sheets not Updating when EXPORTING to PPT

Hi,

I have an app with 5 different sheets and i would need to create a Story with the same 5 sheets.

Also I would need to apply the same filters that has to be applied to all the sheets in STORY.

Eg: Selecting Country , Year . This filter has to be applied to all sheets in STORY.

So, when I apply this filter and export it to PPT, the filters are not applied and I am getting only full data value.

Kindly help me out to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Labels (1)
  • Story

6 Replies
pradeep92
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi, Can anyone help me out on this ? Regards, Pradeep
deu
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi 

I've got exactly the same problem. Is it possible to keep the filters when exporting a story to PPT? Or is there a workaround?

Regards, Dominik

pradeep92
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi,

You would need to create a straight table that specific filters field and then use that to export to PPT.

Thanks,

Pradeep

deu
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Pradeep, 

I'm not sure whether I understand it correctly... Do you mean the "normal" functionality in the Analysis tab (right-click on a table and then export)?  Or is there a way to export the graphs from the Story tab WITH the current selection / filters? 

Thanks, 

Dominik

pradeep92
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hello Dominik,

No. Say we have 5 live sheets with KPI's ,charts and tables.

We would like to see the filter selections on each of the sheets when exporting to PDF.

I have added a straight table at the top of each sheet with filters where you want to see . eg :

A table with Country, Created Year,Product etc..

This table will act as a filter level data in PPT.

Regards,

Pradeep

deu
Contributor II
Contributor II

hmm... I can't add a table to my live data sheet in the story mode. I therefore added a table in the analysis mode. I can use this table for selections in the story mode, but the data is still not filtered when I export to PDF or PPT.

Were you able to add a table for filtering directly in the story mode? If so, how? 

Thanks, Dominik