Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Geo Coding in the Editor

Dear All,

I'm aware of the inbulid functionality of geo data mapping with ISO codes, city or country names when I add the data via the data manager. But how does it work when I load my data via the editor? How can refere to the existing geodata and link my cities and countries to the data?

E.g. I'm loading data via the SAP connector and the edior and I would like to assign geo data to my data.

Any idea/suggestion how to handle this?

Thanks and regards,

Philipp

8 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

It depends how your data looks like for geo map.

Qlik Sense has by default 2 options to create a map.

1. Latitude and Longitude (tagged to your Country/State/City etc)

2. Polygon (KML or CSV files)

SVG extension supports 2 or 3 digit ISO code for Country, State, City etc

Google Map takes Latitude/Longitude/KML files as well

Your data should have link between either country/state/city names to Latitude, longitude or KML data.

For Latitude Longitude geomapping

ex:

Data:

Load

State,

City,

Sales,

Population,

SalesPerson,

Latitude,

Longitude,

Geomakepoint(Latitude,Longitude) as GeoPoint

From

For KML or other ISO codes you do not have to write any extra script, just load the data as is and SVG would take it

But if only tagging it with lat/long use

Geomakepoint(Latitude,Longitude) as GeoPoint.

PFA for your reference.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

But therefor I would have to bring the geo data with me, so they have to be in any file available..

From my understanding the mapping of the geo data is done by the system when I load the data via the data manager (prepare data - and geo information is added), so the geo data is anyways available. Why cant this data be used in case I load the data via the editor?

Thanks and regards, P.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

You can use the Automated Script generated by Qlik or create your own script as I showed above....

Mine is a simple one line script to create a Geopoint, Qlik does the same but also generate some other script which I feel is not required.

All I need is GeoPoint.

Can you please post an example script you talking about?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

But the script is only generated automatically, when you add the data via the data manager; if you load the data via scripting in the editor, there is no script generated for geo data.

E.g. I load customer city but without any lati/long.

If I add the data via data manager, qlik will automatically, link the lati/long data to the city (as long as it is recognised). But when loading via editor, I dont have access to the table with the integrated mapping data (lati/long)..

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Ok, I understand now....But I never seen Qlik Geo Coding you if you just have City or state association...

I just tried it on my sample data which has State,City,County and Zip Code

But there was no geocoding done by Qlik. Not sure how you are able to generate automated geocoding in Qlik.

Please post a screen shot where geocoding is done just based of city or state?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here I just added data via data manager; ISO code and city are recognised as geo data and can be used as this in a map... I didnt add any other data to it..

KNA_Data.pngKNA_GeoData.png

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Not sure how you are getting those data points, I tried in mine and it doesn't give me an option to 'Add Layer to the map'

Can you show me the screenshot of the Edit Script?

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

qliksense offer this feature for awhile, automatic geo code when recognizing city name or country name.

but only via data manager.

Geocoding.png