Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Highlighted
valpassos
Contributor

Get current year through last complete month

Hi community,

I have a CurrentYearToDate variable in my script that goes like this:

LET vSetCurrentYearToDate = 'Calendar_YearMonth_Seq = {">=' & Chr(36) & '(=Min({1<Calendar_Year = {"' & Chr(36) & '(=RangeMin(Year(Today()),Max(Calendar_Year)))"}>} Calendar_YearMonth_Seq))<=' & Chr(36) & '(=RangeMin(Max(Calendar_YearMonth_Seq),Max({1<Calendar_Date={"<=' & Chr(36) & '(=Today())"}>} Calendar_YearMonth_Seq)))"},' & Chr(10) &
'Calendar_Date = {"<=' & Chr(36) & '(=Date(RangeMin(Max(Calendar_Date),Max({1<Calendar_Date={"<=' & Chr(36) & '(=Today())"}>} Calendar_Date))))"},' & Chr(10) &
'Calendar_Year = ,' & Chr(10) &
'Calendar_MonthDesc = ,' & Chr(10) &
'Calendar_Month = ,' & Chr(10) &
'Calendar_YearMonthDescShort =';

But now I want to tweak this formula so it gives me all dates of this year until last complete month.
We are in November, so I want dates from January 2018 to October 2018.

How can I accomplish this in the variable?

Thanks 🙂

Lisa

Tags (3)
Labels (3)
3 Replies
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: Get current year through last complete month

Try changing:

'Calendar_Date = {"<=' & Chr(36) & '(=Date(RangeMin(Max(Calendar_Date),Max({1<Calendar_Date={"<=' & Chr(36) & '(=Today())"}>} Calendar_Date))))"},' & Chr(10) &

to:

'Calendar_Date = {"<' & Chr(36) & '(=Date(MonthStart(Today()))"},' & Chr(10) &

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
valpassos
Contributor

Hi Gysbert,

That doesn't seem to work. When I use the expression in the set analysis, as in sum({<$(vSetCurrentYearToFullMonth)>} #Units), it gives me an '-', which means there is something wrong either with the syntax or logic of the formula.

Lisa

Can you please share sample application which demon the issue?
Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)