Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabriele_qlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

GetSelectedCount() in Concat() Function

Hi,

I need this:

GetSelectedCount(Field_1 ) & ',' & GetSelectedCount(Field_2) & ',' & ... & GetSelectedCount(Field_N) .

The result, if I apply no filter, is:

In my app I have hundreds of fields and I can't write a GetSelectedCount() function for each field then I want to use Concat() function. But if I use Concat() function in the follow way the result is wrong:

Concat(GetSelectedCount($Field),',')

The result is 0.

What is the correct syntax?

Thank you

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Ok. Then you could use the following approach:

= -rangesum($(='getselectedcount([' & concat({< $Table = {'Stores'}>} $Field, '])>0, getselectedcount([') & '])>0'))<=10

which concats the fields from a certain table (you need to add there your tables and maybe a few further exclusions) in a getselectedcount-function-wrapping with an additionally check to >0 which returns TRUE or FALSE and which is summed within a range-function by using a $-sign expansion. Depending on your real requirements it might be useful to use several of those $-sign parts within a range-function and/or creating similar conditions between them.

To comprehend how it worked just put the parts in a textbox and see what happens.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

9 Replies
marcus_sommer

What is the aim for querying the selection-count for hundreds of fields?

- Marcus

gabriele_qlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have to write this condition

GetSelectedCount(Field_1) = 0 or GetSelectedCount(Field_2) = 0 or ... or GetSelectedCount(Field_N) = 0

This condition concerns hundreds of fields but not all the fields.

Gabriele

marcus_sommer

The question was: why do you want to do it? Because there might be other and better ways to solve the task behind your question. Currently I have difficulties to see a reason for it - unless you are loading big crosstables within your application and if it's the case I suggest to rethink the datamodel and not handling hundreds of fields in single calculations.

- Marcus

gabriele_qlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have to write a visibility condition for a chart.

If I filter 10 specific fields the chart is shown.

If I filter other fields (there are too many other fields) the chart is NOT shown (the chart is NOT shown also if I filter the 10 specific fields and another field that is not included in those 10 specific fields).

Gabriele

marcus_sommer

Ok. Then you could use the following approach:

= -rangesum($(='getselectedcount([' & concat({< $Table = {'Stores'}>} $Field, '])>0, getselectedcount([') & '])>0'))<=10

which concats the fields from a certain table (you need to add there your tables and maybe a few further exclusions) in a getselectedcount-function-wrapping with an additionally check to >0 which returns TRUE or FALSE and which is summed within a range-function by using a $-sign expansion. Depending on your real requirements it might be useful to use several of those $-sign parts within a range-function and/or creating similar conditions between them.

To comprehend how it worked just put the parts in a textbox and see what happens.

- Marcus

gabriele_qlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank You,

tomorrow in the morning I will try your approach.

I will say you if is right for my problem.

Thank you very much

Gabriele

gabriele_qlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Marcus, I'm trying your approach but for now it doesn't work.

Gabriele

marcus_sommer

For me it worked - I tried it. Maybe there is just a some small syntax/logic issue in your attempt but if you split the parts of the logic into single statements - maybe within a pivot without any further dimensions and leaving the expression-labels blank to see there the evaluation-results from Qlik - it shouldn't be too difficult to find the issue.

- Marcus

gabriele_qlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It works 🙂

Thanks a lot