cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msirotti
Contributor
Contributor

Grouping alternate measures

Hello, I am pretty new to Qlik Sense, and I would like to know if it is possible to satisfy this requirement: I have a bar chart with one dimension (year-month) and two measures (Total trnasactions amount, and Amount of manual transaction. Another bar chart shows fot the same dimension the Total transaction count and the Count of manual transactions.

Would it be possible to have a single chart with alternate groupes of measures where the users could switch between the couple of amounts and the couple of counts?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
inspari_dfg
Partner - Contributor III

I think the best way to accomplish this with a container object.

Here you can either have it changed by using tabs in the container, or you can have it to switch when a variable have a curtain value. The last can be obtained by using a button object, that changes a variable, e.g. looping between 1 and 0.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

msirotti
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your timely response, but what i need is being able to change couple of measures, from Total Amount &Manual Amount to Total Count&Manual Count

Kushal_Chawda

That's what alternate measures do. You can have two measure as default and add rest two measure as alternate measure . Then you can switch in between any of them out of 4.

msirotti
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes I know that you can go on the Exploration Menu and chose for your chart any two of the 4 possible measures, if that is what you are referring to, but isn't there any way to be able to chose directly a group Amounts or a groupe Counts ?

inspari_dfg

I think the best way to accomplish this with a container object.

Here you can either have it changed by using tabs in the container, or you can have it to switch when a variable have a curtain value. The last can be obtained by using a button object, that changes a variable, e.g. looping between 1 and 0.

Kushal_Chawda

You can have it a buttons in that case with measure name. You can then click on button and automatically change the measure in graph

msirotti
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Ok, the container object solution seems a very good one. Thanks