Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haarika
Partner - Contributor III

Growth % on a line chart

Hi All,

I am trying to plot YTD/MAT/Rolling 3 month growth %'s on a line chart using the below expressions.

YTD - RangeSum(Above(Sum(Actual), 0, MonthNum))/Above(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Actual), 0, MonthNum)), 12) - 1

MAT - (RangeSum(Above(Sum(Actual), 0, 12))/Above(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Actual), 0, 12)), 12) - 1)

Rolling 3M - (RangeSum(Above(Sum(Actual), 0, 3))/Above(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Actual), 0, 3)), 12) - 1)

By using these expressions, the growth % values for the first few months is getting skewed up as shown below.

Could you please suggest how the values can be accurately plotted to avoid any discrepancy.

@sunny_talwar - kindly provide your expert advise 🙂

Haarika_0-1601774098198.png

Labels (1)
  • ytd

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

@Haarika  meanwhile you can try with sortable aggr option. Where MonthYear is your dimension of the the chart. Make sure that MonthYear is Numeric format i.e either formatted by Date or monthname function

YTD - =sum(aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Actual), 0, MonthNum))/Above(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Actual), 0, MonthNum)), 12) - 1,
(MonthYear,(NUMERIC,ASCENDING)),MonthNum))  // or try removing MonthNum from aggr

MAT - sum(aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Actual), 0, 12))/Above(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Actual), 0, 12)), 12) - 1),
(MonthYear,(NUMERIC,ASCENDING))))

Rolling 3M - sum(aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Actual), 0, 3))/Above(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Actual), 0, 3)), 12) - 1),

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ramchalla
Creator
Creator

@Haarika , please refer the below link. it would be helpful for you to create rolling sum/average.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/The-As-Of-Table/ba-p/1466130 

Kushal_Chawda

@Haarika  would you be able to share the sample data with expected output?

Kushal_Chawda

@Haarika  meanwhile you can try with sortable aggr option. Where MonthYear is your dimension of the the chart. Make sure that MonthYear is Numeric format i.e either formatted by Date or monthname function

YTD - =sum(aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Actual), 0, MonthNum))/Above(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Actual), 0, MonthNum)), 12) - 1,
(MonthYear,(NUMERIC,ASCENDING)),MonthNum))  // or try removing MonthNum from aggr

MAT - sum(aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Actual), 0, 12))/Above(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Actual), 0, 12)), 12) - 1),

Rolling 3M - sum(aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Actual), 0, 3))/Above(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Actual), 0, 3)), 12) - 1),

Haarika
Author

Hi @Kushal_Chawda , attached sample dataset for your reference. I will try out your solution and let u know. thank you 🙂

Kushal_Chawda

@Haarika  do you want all months in chart from 2018?

Haarika
Author

@Kushal_Chawda - The expressions provided by you work perfect 🙂  Thank you providing a great solution 🙂 For now we can mark this problem as solved. I will reach out to you if I encounter any further issues.

Thank you once again 🙂

Kushal_Chawda

@Haarika  No problem