Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help needed: correct year/month display of cumulative line charts

Hello Qlik Community,

I’m a Qlik newbie, with only 2 months of Qlik Sense experience, and I can't solve the following problem, I really hope you can help me out here.

I’m sure that this is a problem that is rather easy to solve for seasoned experts, so forgive me if I ask something trivial.

I have a monthly time series (from Dec 2014 to Sept 2018) having one cumulative value (debt) for each month.

I have to display a line chart with a yearly view as the default, and then make it possible to drill down to a monthly view.

This would be trivial with monthly data, but here we have cumulative monthly data, so in the yearly view, I’d like to show only the last value of a given year, so the value for Dec 2014, Dec 2015, Dec 2016, Dec 2017, and then Sept 2018.

And then, when I click on a datapoint in the yearly line chart, I’d like to get into the monthly view, so for example clicking on 2018, I’d get a linechart with monthly data from Jan 2018 to Sept 2018. When I click on 2017, I’d get data from Jan 2017 to Dec 2017, etc.

This is the calculation I’m using at this point:

if(GetSelectedCount([Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Year]) = 0,

sum({<[Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Month]={'$(=Month(DATE(Max(Date_Monthly))))'}>}[Debts]),

sum([Debts]) )

The problem is that the yearly view shows the Sept data for each year, so with this calculation, I get Sept 2014, Sept 2015, Sept 2016, Sept 2017, and Sept 2018 instead of Dec 2014, Dec 2015, Dec 2016, Dec 2017, and Sept 2018...

Cumulative_Line_Chart_Error-Yearly_View.png

Can you help me with the above calculation so I get the correct results?

I also attached the app with the data and the current (wrong) solution.

Many thanks,

György

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

If(GetSelectedCount([Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Year]) = 0

,FirstSortedValue(Aggr(Sum([Debts]), [Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Month], [Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Year]), -Aggr([Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Month], [Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Month], [Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Year]))

,Sum([Debts])

)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

If(GetSelectedCount([Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Year]) = 0

,FirstSortedValue(Aggr(Sum([Debts]), [Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Month], [Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Year]), -Aggr([Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Month], [Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Month], [Date_Monthly.autoCalendar.Year]))

,Sum([Debts])

)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Sunny,

wow that was fast.

I really appreciate your help, now my line chart works as it should.

Many thanks,

György

sunny_talwar

Super, I am glad I was able to help