Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

hvfalcao
Contributor

Hide Dates used to calculate running total

Hello!

I´m evaluating Qlik Sense, so I´m new to this...

There is any way, with expressions, to use some field for calculation even if I don´t select it in a filter?

I´m using this to get the running balance of a bank account:

Total Balance: RANGESUM(ABOVE(SUM({$<ACCOUNT = P(ACCOUNT)>} BALANCE),0,ROWNO()))

This is what I´ve got (the total balance is OK so far):

bal1.png

But if I deselect the date 02/12/2002, the total balance got wrong:

bal2.png

If I use {1} in the formula it will bring me all dates, and I dont want that: RANGESUM(ABOVE(SUM({1<ACCOUNT = P(ACCOUNT)>} BALANCE),0,ROWNO()))

BAL3.png

What I´m trying to do is to use all dates to calculate the TOTAL BALANCE, but just show the row of the selected dates on the table/graph.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hvfalcao
Contributor

Re: Hide Dates used to calculate running total

Hi Prabhu,

Thank you for your help! I could almost achieve what I want with your formula, but instead of 3, I used rowno().

"sum(aggr(rangesum(above(sum({<YEAR=, MONTH=, DATE=>}BALANCE),0,ROWNO())),DATE))"

Also, I need to SELECT SQL order by DATE asc.... Otherwise it wont work correctly.

There is only one problem now. I'm trying to use a hierarchy field (year>month>date). Do you know how to make this dynamic? If in YEAR level, the rangesum should use YEAR, if in MONTH, use MONTH, etc...

Thank you!

5 Replies
prabhuappu
Contributor II

Hi Henrique,

You need to use aggr and Rangesum expression together to achieve this.

sum(aggr(rangesum(above(total sum({<Date=>}Balance),0,3)),Date))

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Refer the below link for calculating running total...

Calculating rolling n-period totals, averages or other aggregations

Hope this Helps....

Regards,

Prabhu Appu

prabhuappu
Contributor II

I have attached a qvw for better understanding... This expression will work in both Qlikview and Qliksense...

hvfalcao
Contributor

Hi Prabhu,

Thank you for your help! I could almost achieve what I want with your formula, but instead of 3, I used rowno().

"sum(aggr(rangesum(above(sum({<YEAR=, MONTH=, DATE=>}BALANCE),0,ROWNO())),DATE))"

Also, I need to SELECT SQL order by DATE asc.... Otherwise it wont work correctly.

There is only one problem now. I'm trying to use a hierarchy field (year>month>date). Do you know how to make this dynamic? If in YEAR level, the rangesum should use YEAR, if in MONTH, use MONTH, etc...

Thank you!

prabhuappu
Contributor II

Hi,

you can use getcurrentfield([group name]) function to retrieve the current field of a drill down / cyclic group.

create a variable using that function. And use that in your expression as $(vGroupname) instead of direct field name.

instead of variable you xan use $(=getcurrentfield(grpname)) also

regards,

Prabhu appu 

hvfalcao
Contributor

Prabhu,

Thank you again! Sense requires the GetFieldSelection() instead of getcurrentfield() function:

I've created this with your suggestion:

//IF

if(isnull(GetFieldSelections([YEAR])),

//THEN

sum(aggr(rangesum(above(sum({<MONTH=, DATE=, YEAR=>}BALANCE),0,ROWNO())),YEAR)),

//ELSE

if(isnull(GetFieldSelections([MONTH])),

//THEN

sum(aggr(rangesum(above(sum({<MONTH=, DATE=, YEAR=>}BALANCE),0,ROWNO())), MONTH)),

//ELSE

sum(aggr(rangesum(above(sum({<MONTH=, DATE=, YEAR=>}BALANCE),0,ROWNO())), DATE))))