cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

How about the "Derived Fields" feature of Qlik Sense 1.1 and memory

The new Derived Fields feature that was introduced in Qlik Sense 1.1 allows you to associate derived fields from for instance a date.

I suppose this feature is implemented efficiently as a calculated thing or will these derived fields end up as stored values in "hidden" fields in the data model.

I would welcome some clarification from someone with the technical knowledge on how it is implemented

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III
Author

Due to my impatience I had to investigate myself - it was really a quick job to determine if a huge number of dates in three date fields would inflate into a larger application size when applying Derived Fields on all three of the date fields.

Well it didn't - that is very good news indeed - it makes Sense !

So the implications are that with this mechanism we could have much "better" data models - meaning slimmer and faster and less cluttered than before. For some applications this is a huge benefit.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III
Author

Due to my impatience I had to investigate myself - it was really a quick job to determine if a huge number of dates in three date fields would inflate into a larger application size when applying Derived Fields on all three of the date fields.

Well it didn't - that is very good news indeed - it makes Sense !

So the implications are that with this mechanism we could have much "better" data models - meaning slimmer and faster and less cluttered than before. For some applications this is a huge benefit.