Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I calculate the age (in days) of a record given I have the creation date.

There is no "Date difference" (DateSub) function.

Using Date# does not work (If there is a difference between Date and Date#, I can not see it).

Using Today(1)-Num(Date(CreateDate)) {or Today(1)-Num#(Date#(CreateDate)) } does not work.

adding in Floor, etc. does not help.

It always shows as "-".

It seems as if CreateDate (which as a date hence a dual) will always be a date and so can not be subtracted from today.

There is networkdays (read as net work days) that does sort of what I want except I want to count weekend days also.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

1st thing to check, is your date interpret correctly by Qlik Sense?

Why don’t my dates work?

Get the Dates Right

Once you have the fixed, Today(1) - Creation_Date should work. If for some reason it still doesn't work, please provide us with a sample so that we can help you better here.

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

1st thing to check, is your date interpret correctly by Qlik Sense?

Why don’t my dates work?

Get the Dates Right

Once you have the fixed, Today(1) - Creation_Date should work. If for some reason it still doesn't work, please provide us with a sample so that we can help you better here.

Best,

Sunny

maxgro
MVP
MVP

There is no "Date difference" (DateSub) function.

the date difference is just a math subtraction

this is the difference between today and the beginning of the year

today(1)  - MakeDate(2016)

maybe your CreateDate is not a date

and you need a format to interpret your CreateDate

Date#(CreateDate, 'herethedateformat')

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.1/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/InterpretationFunctions/date_...

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your assistance.

The dates come from an SQL datebase (MQ SQL) .

CreatedDate is an SQL column of type datetime.

I also have [Created On] which is loaded from CreatedDate by  Date(CreatedDate, 'YYYY-MM-DD') as "Created On",

Based on what you said I decided to use [Created On] instead and that works.

I do not know why CreatedDate did not work, it displays as a date and time etc.

So I reverted back to what I did in the beginning Today(1)-CreatedDate and now that works.

To get whole days I added a floor, floor(Today(1)-CreatedDate) and that is working now.

Maybe I has some other error that I did not recognize in the very first attempt.

Thanks again.