Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I export a QVF application with images included?

I use Qlik Sense and want to provide a default template application which users can use to start building own applications based on our template (some predefined charts, explanations etc). Inside of this template we make use of images e. g. logos, icons, screenshots,...

The images need to be uploaded into a content library (own libraries does not work at the moment - see known limitations in version 1.0 QLIK - 12958).

If the template is now imported into another server installation which does not have the same content library, the images won't show up.

Is there a possibility to include image data into a QVF file?

Additional: There is no export function for a "content library", is it?

3 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Thilo,

Qlik Sense Desktop is intended for individual and small group use.  What you are describing is not possible with Qlik Sense Desktop.  You would have to get the images on to all the user's machines with the same file path.

You are correct the library content cannot be exported.

What is sound like you are trying to do is apply a level of governance.  The full Qlik Sense environment will enable you to apply governance (plus other benefits such as mobility, collaboration and security).  The Qlik Sense product page has some good information you may wish to take a look at.

-Josh

Qlik

Not applicable
Author

Hi Josh, thanks for your answer, I already use Qlik Sense and not Qlik Sense Desktop. We will deploy such an installation of a Qlik Sense (server) environment at a customer and would like to do deploy QVF files from one server installation to another without synchronizing images

Do you know if there is a possibility in the governed Qlik Sense (not Desktop)?

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Thilo,

At this time you will need to copy the images over separately.  I have raised this inconvenience with our products team and they are investigating solutions.

-Josh

Qlik