Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Uploads getting stuck in the virus scanner. We are investigating.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

How can I hide the 'Others' label in a Limitation of Fixed Number when its expression value is zero?

Hi everyone,

As always, I appreciate your invaluable help. We're building a pie chart for a high executive in which I am using the first 3 (two in my example) dimensions with the highest value and an Others label. The thing is sometimes the Others's value is zero, so I want it to hide it in the pie's legend when that happens, but I can't find a way of doing it. And in my opinion, being the visualization for a director, this gives a bad image.

As it is a pie chart, the sum of the values need to be 100%, so I don't see how can I use rank for the solution, but I'm open to ideas.

Kind regards.

I add images and the qvf file.

Image 1: The pie chart

The Others label is in the legend, although its value is zeroThe Others label is in the legend, although its value is zero

Image 2: The undesired 'Others' label when the value is zero.The undesirable 'Others' labelThe undesirable 'Others' label

Image 3: The data table

The data tableThe data table

Image 4: The configuration

The configurationThe configuration

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Wow, I didn't know that the pie chart does not have the option to hide zero values in Add-ons > Data handling. Awesome consistency 🙄

You can achieve what you need through set analysis, change your formula to:
Sum({<Dime={"=Sum(Expre)>0"}>} Expre)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Wow, I didn't know that the pie chart does not have the option to hide zero values in Add-ons > Data handling. Awesome consistency 🙄

You can achieve what you need through set analysis, change your formula to:
Sum({<Dime={"=Sum(Expre)>0"}>} Expre)

View solution in original post