Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Not applicable

How do I colour the background of negative Sales Variance numbers in a table

Hello everybody,

I've been trying to colour the background of negative Sales Variance % in a table and it has worked in other tables before, but not this time. This is the table  where I want to colour the background red (Sales Variance%):

Skärmklipp2.PNG

The expression for Sales Variance % looks like this:

Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year))}, Mon={$(=Month(Today()))}>}Sales)/

Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)}, Mon={$(=Month(Today()))}>}Sales) - 1

Can anyone tell me how I can write an expression that makes the colour in the background red?

Sincerely,

Betty Habtemariam

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tahirkhalil
New Contributor III

Re: How do I colour the background of negative Sales Variance numbers in a table

Hi,

You can use expression background color for this.

In expression, if you click +, you can define background color. In your specific condition you can put:

if( Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year))}, Mon={$(=Month(Today()))}>}Sales)/

Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)}, Mon={$(=Month(Today()))}>}Sales) - 1 < 0, Yellow())

I skipped otherwise (False) condition of IF.

Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)}, Mon={$(=Month(Today()))}>}Sales) - 1 < 0, Yellow(), Green())

Regards,

TK

10 Replies
tahirkhalil
New Contributor III

Re: How do I colour the background of negative Sales Variance numbers in a table

Hi,

You can use expression background color for this.

In expression, if you click +, you can define background color. In your specific condition you can put:

Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)}, Mon={$(=Month(Today()))}>}Sales) - 1 < 0, Yellow())

I skipped otherwise (False) condition of IF.

Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)}, Mon={$(=Month(Today()))}>}Sales) - 1 < 0, Yellow(), Green())

Regards,

TK

sureshqv
Esteemed Contributor III

manojkulkarni
Valued Contributor II

Expand Expression - Select Background Color - put condition like

if (Sales Variance < 0, redcolor())

sureshqv
Esteemed Contributor III

nareshguntur
Valued Contributor

You need to expand the Measure under Data-->Columns-->            and you'll find Background Color Expression like below

Untitled.png

Not applicable

Thank you! I managed to fix the background colour. However, now the problem is that everything is red, whether or not the numbers are positive or negative, haha! It's a neverending story Any thoughts on that?

What it looks like now:

Skärmklipp2.PNG

The expression:

if (Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year))}, Min={$(=Month(Today()))}>}Sales) - 

Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)}, Min={$(=Month(Today()))}>}Sales)/

Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)}, Min={$(=mMonth(Today()))}>}Sales) < 0, RGB(255,0,0), red ())

Sincerely,

Betty Habtemariam

reddys310
Honored Contributor II

Hi Betty,

You are making use of the same color when its true as well as when its false.

RGB(255,0,0) is red

So change the colour codes:

Green would be RGB(146,208,80)

Amber would be RGB(255,192,0)

Thanks,

Sangram

Not applicable

Thank you! =) It worked!

Not applicable

Thank you! =)  Sometimes I'm just too blind, haha! Sorry for the late reply. I was away from work a couple of days.

Sincerely,

Betty Habtemariam