Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Control Grid Size in Qlik Sense

Is it possible to have a free grid or smaller grid size in Qlik Sense. With the current grid size, it is a little difficult to align and move all objects within a sheet. Looking forward to any helpful comments in this regard.

In Qlikview, it is possible to move objects 1 pixel at a time by pressing Ctrl and Arrow keys. Not sure if there is any thing similar in Qlik Sense.

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Abhay,

Our of the box, no not at this time, but with an extension you can.

Check this out:

There is also

• Qlik Branch - Grid Resizer is another example which makes the main area larger

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Abhay,

Our of the box, no not at this time, but with an extension you can.

Check this out:

There is also

• Qlik Branch - Grid Resizer is another example which makes the main area larger

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick response Michael

plexpro52
Creator
Creator

Hello Michael,

Thanks for the info; I've made good use of the xGridResizer extension already.

I notice that I am not able to edit xGridResizer in the Developer Hub, even though it appears there as a visualization extension and will show me its basic info if I click on it.  If I attempt to edit it, an error window pops up, saying "The xGridResizer is incomplete and cannot be opened or duplicated (wbfolder.wbl file missing)."

Also, is there any way to edit and modify GridChanger, to make it usable from the server?

Thanks!

René

Shubham07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Michael_Tarallo 

But why extensions? Why we cannot keep in built option in Sense itself?

As I am working in large organisation, I can't use extensions so easily because of security concerns.

So many times, I have to adjust with these things just because by default these small things are not present in there.

jbellizzi
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hey all, I recently published an extension meant to help with developing on Qlik Sheets. It doesn't yet have a feature for changing grid sizes, but allows you to move objects by the pixel, instead of by grid space

Check it out on github (https://github.com/jbellizzi/qlik-dev-suite) or on Qlik Branch (https://developer.qlik.com/garden/5f7213b906de25001875bdf0)

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Guys - this is an old post - we can now control grid and sheet size as part of the Qlik Sense product:

10-15-2020 11-31-57 AM.png

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
mcowley
Contributor II
Contributor II

Completely agree, they've taken away so much of our design functionality we had in Qlikview in favor of this widgetized snap to grid stuff that's targeted to regular users.  It's frustrating.

JonB
Contributor
Contributor

Totally agree. For those of us trying to maintain at least on-par functionality when migrating from Qlikview to Qliksense, this kind of limitation is rather frustrating!

hectorgarcia
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

thanks Michael