Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Use Multiple Set Expressions

Hi all-

You've been able to help me with set expression in the past and I feel like I understand the basics.  I know need to create a set expression that contains multiple expressions in itself.  I'm trying to find the # of Internal Issues for 2016.

To find the # of Internal Issues, I'm using the following set expression

Count({$<[Incident Type]={'Internal Issue'}>}[Action #})

To find the Year, I have two options I believe... I have 2 data columns, one is Year and the other is Date of Incident.  For both I would want it to only include those for 2016.

Can someone explain the philosophy // or how to combine multiple set expressions?  I tried using my Master Dimension for the # of Internal Issues in my Year set expression but it didn't work..  (not # of QIDs is the master dimension name for # of Internal Issues calculation above)

=Count({1<Year={2016}>}[# of QIDs])

Thanks in advance -- you are all great at explaining and breaking down the steps!

Meg

Labels (1)
5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Have you already tried this?

Count({$<[Incident Type]={'Internal Issue'}, Year = {2016}>}[Action #})

Not applicable
Author

That worked, thank you! When can you use a comma in a set expression and what's the mechanics or principals to having multiple expressions in one string?  What order do they need to go in and when do you need to use [ ] vs { } ?

sunny_talwar

There are a lot of things to set analysis. Go through the attached document to gain some insights into set analysis

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Also try using the set analysis wizard, it helps while learning Set Analysis Wizard for QlikView | qlikblog.at

lorenzolorenzo22
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for answer

unfortunately that link does not exist anymore .. 

Does anyone know where is possible to download some set analysis application file.qvf examples ?