Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Qlik® Product Spotlight: Discover what’s possible. Get more from our products.
See for yourself. Register today.
Not applicable

How to build a dropdown combining the values from multiple data tables that are not associated

I have 3 data tables. Each table has two common fields called FirstName, LastName. All 3 will remain unassociated in the data model. Each data table is associated to one qliksense table in the UI.

I need to build 1 dropdown filter for FirstName and 1 for LastName that holds the unique values from all 3 data tables combined and ultimately filter all 3 tables at the same time when selected.

Greatly appreciate any insight on how to do this.

Tags (2)
2 Replies
MVP
MVP

Re: How to build a dropdown combining the values from multiple data tables that are not associated

If the fields have the same name in each table, then they ARE associated, A list box for each field will hold the distinct values in all tables by default. Selecting something in them will filter all the tables by default.

Or have I misunderstood your problem?

BTW - please use a normal font size in your posts.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable

Re: How to build a dropdown combining the values from multiple data tables that are not associated

Forgive me for not elaborating.  I'm trying to avoid synthetic tables and columns as I've been told they are bad practice.