Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II

How to compare two measures each from different source files in 1 line chart in qlik sense

Hello,

I am trying to show the effect of weather on total number of leaves in the office by showing the maximum temperature and total number of leaves as two measures. I am fetching temperature information from National Center for Environmental Information in csv file and I have total leaves in the form of events so basically I am counting count(Events) to get total occurrences of leaves.

I am trying to put both Temperature from file 1 and Count(Events) from file 2 as 2 lines with dates as X axis. I have made the dates in both the files in same format so I guess taking any of them as dimension should work. I can see 1 metric` in a form of line but the problem I am getting is that once I add 2nd measure, I dont see a second line for second measure on the line chart.

Any suggestion on the problem statement is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Pooja,

What is connecting them together? Without a link you will never get the info in. Showing the script would be easier..

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Try converting to a combo chart by dragging the combo chart type onto the line chart and selecting Convert to: Combo chart, which can have two Y axis if the measure values are quite different
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Pooja,

Can you show us your data model? And maybe the script where you imported this information?

Jordy
Climber

Work smarter, not harder
PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Jordy,

Please find attached the temperature file which is file 2 in my case. File 1 has event date and file 2 has date which are in same format and same date range.

In combo chart, I am using event date as dimension, count(event) as 1st measure from 1st file and TMAX as 2nd measure from 2nd file. But when I add TMAX as the 2nd measure, it does not show up on the combo chart. I am guessing it is beacuse I have eventdate which is not present in the file 2 as dimension.Is there a way to use measures from different files on the same chart?

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Pooja,

What is connecting them together? Without a link you will never get the info in. Showing the script would be easier..

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes, you are right. Even though Event Date in file 1 and Date in file 2 have the same format, since their names are not same neither they are in same order there is no connection getting created. I used the left join in the data load editor of Qlik Sense App and made both the date columns as the same name then I am able to connect both the files and am able to use measures from both the files in the same chart.

Thank you.