Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikegauntlett
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to count the Output of a Measure

Hi Guys,

So I have

IF(IsNull(AARO_Booking_Period) and IsNull(Status),'R0',If (IsNull(Status),'R1',Status),'R0')

Which I created as a measure to Output either 'Status' or R0/R1.

I would like to try and develop a methos where I can take this Master Status Measure and run a Count IF.

So how many R0 are there for the UK etc.

I have tried 

Sum(Aggr( IF(IsNull(AARO_Booking_Period) and IsNull(Status),'R0',If (IsNull(Status),'R1',Status),'R0'), [Master Status]))

but it does not work

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

Sum(Aggr(If(IsNull(AARO_Booking_Period) and IsNull(Status),1, 0), [Master Status]))

or this

Sum(Aggr(If(IsNull(AARO_Booking_Period) and IsNull(Status),1, 0), [Master Status], Country))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

There is something not right about this if statement...

IF(IsNull(AARO_Booking_Period) and IsNull(Status),'R0',If (IsNull(Status),'R1',Status),'R0')

Does it work for you? I see an extra 'R0' at the end

If(IsNull(AARO_Booking_Period) and IsNull(Status),'R0',

If(IsNull(Status), 'R1', Status),'R0')

I don't think this is right... because the first statement's true is R0..., but if it is false then you have another if statement... this next statement has its own true (R1) and false(status)... what is the R0 for?

mikegauntlett
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry Yes,

I have

IF(IsNull(AARO_Booking_Period) and IsNull(Status),'R0',If (IsNull(Status),'R1',Status))

sunny_talwar

May be this

Sum(Aggr(If(IsNull(AARO_Booking_Period) and IsNull(Status),1, 0), [Master Status]))

or this

Sum(Aggr(If(IsNull(AARO_Booking_Period) and IsNull(Status),1, 0), [Master Status], Country))

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Simple form - perhaps just this -

Sum(If(IsNull(AARO_Booking_Period) and IsNull(Status), 1, 0))

in a table or chart with the relevant dimensions like Country...

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein