Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II

How to export data from a sense table to a custom folder?

In my app, I need to export the content of a table to a special directory, where another application will pick the file and load it for further processing. This shall be as automized as possible. Today, we have to use the export to Excel, then open the file, save it as CSV and store it in the correct location manually.

• Format shall be ideally csv with a delimiter like '|' , but even excel would not be a showstopper.
  • Location shall be ideally a shared drive that can be reached from the client PC where the App is run.
  • The trigger for export shall be a button, but I am open for other options, too 🙂

Thanks a lot for any idea.

7 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

to make it a custom location. you may need to use nprinting and output it as excel

michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for the hint. But currently NPrinting is not an option. I know from NPGeomaps that it is possible to create an export dialog in a way to choose the path... so there should be a way. Maybe te´here is already some "Export-Extension"?
michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Meanwhile, I found the great little extension from Stefan Walther:

https://developer.qlik.com/garden/57882593dd42cf18d2312a05

It is a big step forward but still lacks the custom directory. 

vitaliichupryna
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Michael,

Have you solved this problem? 

Thanks,

Vitalii

michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi, unfortunately no. Usually browser features are used an cannot be pre-configured. I still would appreciate any hint. Currently we use a rather customized extension that directly pushes data into a database via http post commands. It is not generically applicable.
But finally we reached our goal to export specific data on the push of a button.
Would be great to see this once as a sense feature.

Keep qliking
Michael
rnorris
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi, did you ever find a solution to this? I need to do the same where I export to a specific folder.

michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Unfortunately no, as the export uses the browser function.
There is a workaround, however: Some browsers open a window to define the target folder instead of using a default. This may help, but the good old IE that does it this way is not really the one we should use 😉