Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Coming your way, the Qlik Data Revolution Virtual Summit. October 27-29. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

How to export data from a sense table to a custom folder?

In my app, I need to export the content of a table to a special directory, where another application will pick the file and load it for further processing. This shall be as automized as possible. Today, we have to use the export to Excel, then open the file, save it as CSV and store it in the correct location manually.

• Format shall be ideally csv with a delimiter like '|' , but even excel would not be a showstopper.
  • Location shall be ideally a shared drive that can be reached from the client PC where the App is run.
  • The trigger for export shall be a button, but I am open for other options, too 🙂

Thanks a lot for any idea.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

to make it a custom location. you may need to use nprinting and output it as excel

Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

Thanks for the hint. But currently NPrinting is not an option. I know from NPGeomaps that it is possible to create an export dialog in a way to choose the path... so there should be a way. Maybe te´here is already some "Export-Extension"?
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

Meanwhile, I found the great little extension from Stefan Walther:

https://developer.qlik.com/garden/57882593dd42cf18d2312a05

It is a big step forward but still lacks the custom directory.