Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bramdekort
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to export/duplicate an app containing all connected app-objects?

Hi all,

Today I experienced the following case: I wanted to update a published app, so I made a back-up (export) of the app first and then duplicated the published app. Then I started to work on the duplicated app in my personal stream. After I was done with the modifications, I wanted to republish the app. So far so good. Then I discovered that the duplicated nor the exported (back-up) app didn't contain the bookmarks, stories and (unapproved) sheets anymore other (end) users had contributed while the app was published.

Is there a way to preserve the unpublished app-objects when working on an app update? I have thought about letting them duplicate the entire app so that they can modify it in their personal stream, but then it would not be updated by a task which the published app has.So this is not really a solution.

I'm looking forward to your ideas on this matter!

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
bramdekort
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

By now, I found out that I shouldn't delete the old published app, but rather overwrite it with the new version. In this way all the app objects are preserved.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also found out this works, at least for bookmarks and stories. Of course if the sheet referred by a bookmark is no longer available, selections are applied to the app.