Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to export table with current selection to excel?

Hi, I would like to export table from Qlik Sense to excel including current selection in excel file, because I have to track source of exported data. So I need something like this:

Filter

Year: 2014, 2015

Data

< exported table from qlik sense >

I know that in QlikView there is possibility to edit macro for creating excel file but I don't know how to do it in Qlik Sense. Any ideas? Thank you. !

9 Replies
saravanaprabhu
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Please check this post

Export Qlik Sense report to excel

Not applicable
Author

Hi, thank you for your answer but it not solve my problem. I know how to export data to excel, but I need to export also filtered parameters to the same file.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I don't know how it works in Qlik sense but in QlikView go to user preferences and in export tab, check option On BIFF Export in your serverexport.PNG

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Gnut,

You can export data from most of the visualizations by just right clicking and you happen to see an option Export to EXCEL.

The only Limitation is you cannot export a pivot table from QlikSense and this functionality is being added soon.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram, thank you for your answer. I know how to export data to excel, but I need to export also filtered parameters to the same file. I know, that it is possible in Qlik View, but probably not in Qlik Sense. The output of the exported table should contain for example filtered parameters on the first line (selected year and country) and exported table below. The reason I need it is, that when I look on exported data next month, I can't remember what I selected before I export data. This is easy example so I can write it down manually, but for more complex data it is time consuming to write it manually every time I want to export something. I hope that somebody is able to write extension to solve it. I wil try to create it also but I'm not excellent Qlik Extensions developer.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Grunt,

Your requirement completely makes sense. So in his case, an extension is the way to go.  I will consider that as a good feature for my custom visuals as well.

Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

ashishbp
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Gnut,

have u got any solution for this?

UrbanBadger
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. The only thing I have found so far is the "GetFieldSelections" function, which you can add for each selection filter box, then string them together with comma separation in a text object. Not ideal, but it can be exported.

='Data1: '& GetFieldSelections(Filter1)& ' , Data2: ' & GetFieldSelections(Filter2)
shlomoh
Contributor III
Contributor III

You can do this and much more, using LogiExport extension for QlikSense
https://logiexport.logsys.co.il/documentation