Did you mean: 
tauceef9
Creator
Creator

How to filter data based on hardcoded filter

Hello Everyone,

I have a requirement wherein I have to create a Hardcoded filter like below:

ValueList('A','B','C')

And as per the value selected by user in the above filter I have to modify the data of a particular table (not the overall application).

Please suggest if there's any way of doing this.

Qliksense Version: QS Desktop June

Regards,

Tauceef

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A ValueList() is not a field, and it only has any meaning inside the object in which it is defined. So you can reference the ValueList from a dimension in an expression in the same object, but there is no way to select a value or to retrieve the selected value from another object, a macro or the load script.

It sounds like you need an island table - one that is not associated with any other table. Something like

ValueIsland:

LOAD * Inline

[   

island_Value

A

B

C

];

Now use the fields island_Value instead of the ValueList()

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jaumecf23
Creator III
Creator III

Try something like this:

if(ValueList('A','B','C')='A', formula A',

if(ValueList('A','B','C'))='B', formula B', formula C'))

tauceef9
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Jaume,

Thanks for your response.

I tried this code but it is not working for me. As mentioned earlier we have created the hardcoded filter which is not linked with my data anywhere.

Is there a way we can get the selected value of a particular filter in sense? so that will use it in my formula to do the calculations.

I found one function "GetFieldSelections(dimention)" but this will not work in my case as I have created this filter using Listvalue() function.

Looking forward for a work around.

Edited:

Just found one more thing, which is bad again.

I have created the filter using Valuelist() function but when I select anything, no filter is getting applied.

Now I think I have to start asking from one step backword:

1. how to create a hardcoded filter with some values.

2. how we can use this filter in any chart or table to filter data.

Regards,

Tauceef

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A ValueList() is not a field, and it only has any meaning inside the object in which it is defined. So you can reference the ValueList from a dimension in an expression in the same object, but there is no way to select a value or to retrieve the selected value from another object, a macro or the load script.

It sounds like you need an island table - one that is not associated with any other table. Something like

ValueIsland:

LOAD * Inline

[   

island_Value

A

B

C

];

Now use the fields island_Value instead of the ValueList()

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
tauceef9
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Jonathan, it works perfectly for me.

Regards,

Tauceef