Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Qlik® Product Spotlight: Discover what’s possible. Get more from our products.
See for yourself. Register today.
Not applicable

How to generate dynamic URLs in Qlik Sense?

How can I dynamically generate a hyperlinked URL in Qlik Sense?  The approach for Qlikview here does not work in Qlik Sense.  https://community.qlik.com/message/862442#862442

I can get it to show the correct URL, using ='https://my.web.com/'&REGISTRY_ID where REGISTRY_ID is the number I want to insert, but I cannot seem to find any way to turn that into a hyperlinked URL.  The <url> functionality in Qlikview does not work.

11 Replies
Not applicable

Re: How to generate dynamic URLs in Qlik Sense?

For now I'm using this extension: Qlik Branch but it would be better if the ability to tag something as a URL directly within Qlik Sense were implemented. 

reddys310
Honored Contributor II

Hi David,

As of now you can only link a single image or some text to navigate using a text object. But if you would like to use a navigation link other than this you will have to develop an extesnion.

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

undergrinder
Valued Contributor II

Hi David,

As Reddys310‌ mentioned, if you want to use url-s in your table, you'll have to develop/use an extension.

There are table extensions too at Qlik Branch , you should try some of it.

You should try it with <a href=....>Link</a> format.

G.

Not applicable

The extension Qlik Branch is helpful but I also need to create dynamic hyperlinks.  Specifically I was hoping to be able to tag links as html links so I could link to reports in our CRM (i.e. links that don't start with "www" or "http")

Please Help!

undergrinder
Valued Contributor II

Hi Steven,

I tried the SimpleTable extension, you can create dynamic hyperlinks with it.

The extension is able to comprehend html so you should try the following formula at dimension:

'<a href="'&Your Hiperlink can be complex formula as well, that evaluated a link&'">'&'Your label, that you want to see at cells'&'</a>'

G.

reddys310
Honored Contributor II

Hi Steven,

For you to create dynamic links you need to go with an extension. I really don't think there is an extension which can be plugged in yet.

Thanks,

Sangram.

damienregad
New Contributor II

I'm using QlikSense 2.2.4 and I managed to do this in a Table by selecting URL representation on the column containing the hyperlink.

reddys310
Honored Contributor II

You can also make use of qwidget to develop something like this

Employee
Employee

Hi David

Would you be able to mark this post as Answered? Damien has correctly pointed out that this is possible using a standard table object in the current versions of Qlik Sense.

URL Option.png