Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Digvijay_Singh

How to ignore selections at App level

Hi,

We have very specific requirement for few apps where we want to ignore selections made by users across the app. For example, we have 3 main dimensions in the filter pane at the top. We want users to only make selections in these 3 filters only. If they click anywhere in the charts, in all the sheets, their selections need to be ignored.

I am attaching one sample app. In the Horizontal bar chart, if you click on any 'Line of Service' value, I want to avoid selections in client, location and month year field. I mean nothing should change at App level. I have ignored Line of Service selection in the chart expression so chart wouldn't react on making selection. But the issue is selections are made in top 3 filters when user makes selections in the bar chart.

In brief, making selection in 'Line of Service' dimension in the chart must ignore selections at application level. Somehow {1} needs to be applied but not sure where! OR Need to lock all the charts so that user clicks are not making selections. 

Any help/Ideas are highly appreciated. 

Thanks,

DJ

3 Replies
Digvijay_Singh
Author

Not sure why I am not able to attach qvf file here. Throwing error 'The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type.'

Haven't attached file after the new community Architecture is launched. Anyone please help in case you know how to attach qvf file here. Thanks in advance!

sunny_talwar

Zip the qvf file to attach it.

Digvijay_Singh
Author

Thanks Sunny!