Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Coming your way, the Qlik Data Revolution Virtual Summit. October 27-29. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

How to link a point with coordinates with a polygon porperties

Hi guys first at all sorry for mi english

I have a database with polygons of areas of my city with per capita income data and another with the coordinates of clients' address, I wanted to know how to find out which client lives in each polygon to assign their income per capita and export de data to excel

I ´ve solved visually creating two layers in a map with the polygons an the points and clicking the point an see in wich polygon is and click the polygon to see their properties but y want to do masively and export to excel.
Thanks 

2 Replies
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

You'd need something like Qlik GeoAnalytics or some other Geo/Gis software that implements the Within operator. See for example this discussion: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-GeoAnalytics-Discussions/GeoAnalytics-using-Within-Function/td-p/...

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the info, i seems that fit with mi case, but i have problems with the conector geoanalytics, it dosen´t show in mi qliksense desktop (i have the free license), i want to know if the extension have limits over the points and the number of areas, i have over 12000 areas and 4000 points to solve in wich area are each i dont know if it have the power to solve it