Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asanchez77
Contributor
Contributor

How to link a point with coordinates with a polygon porperties

Hi guys first at all sorry for mi english

I have a database with polygons of areas of my city with per capita income data and another with the coordinates of clients' address, I wanted to know how to find out which client lives in each polygon to assign their income per capita and export de data to excel

I ´ve solved visually creating two layers in a map with the polygons an the points and clicking the point an see in wich polygon is and click the polygon to see their properties but y want to do masively and export to excel.
Thanks 

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You'd need something like Qlik GeoAnalytics or some other Geo/Gis software that implements the Within operator. See for example this discussion: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-GeoAnalytics-Discussions/GeoAnalytics-using-Within-Function/td-p/...

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Asanchez77
Contributor
Contributor
Author

thanks for the info, i seems that fit with mi case, but i have problems with the conector geoanalytics, it dosen´t show in mi qliksense desktop (i have the free license), i want to know if the extension have limits over the points and the number of areas, i have over 12000 areas and 4000 points to solve in wich area are each i dont know if it have the power to solve it