Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Coming your way, the Qlik Data Revolution Virtual Summit. October 27-29. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Master
Master

How to make -125.8% display as +100% ?

Hi All

I have a expression.

(

sum({$<nET_PROFIT={'nET_PROFIT'}, date={">=$(=num(YearStart(Today())))<=$(=num(Today()))"}>} Amount*-1/1000)

-

sum({$<nET_PROFIT={'nET_PROFIT'}, date={">=$(=num(AddYears(YearStart(Today()), -1)))<=$(=num(AddYears(Today(), -1)))"}>} Amount*-1/1000)

)

/

sum({$<nET_PROFIT={'nET_PROFIT'}, date={">=$(=num(AddYears(YearStart(Today()), -1)))<=$(=num(AddYears(Today(), -1)))"}>} Amount*-1/1000)

Now mu issue is when 2015 net profit amount -ve and 2016 net profit amount +ve , it display -ve % , which is wrong , i like to make it display 100%.

Hope some one can advise me.

Paul

7 Replies
Highlighted
Master
Master

my QVF

Highlighted

Why would you see a 100%? Is this in general that any time you have a negative %age, you would want to see 100%?

Highlighted
Master
Master

Hi Sunny

I miss your reply.

I am think if it is able see +ve % I am

Fine.

As it is not easy to compute to show the actual % growth from -ve to + ve.

Paul

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

Highlighted
Champion II
Champion II

i think you have reused an expression to show amount in $000's that's why dividing by 1000!

but you don't need that for the percentage calculation.

Also if the increase / decrease percentage is -125% or +125% you should show it as it is instead of ceiling to 100%

(

sum({$<nET_PROFIT={'nET_PROFIT'}, date={">=$(=num(YearStart(Today())))<=$(=num(Today()))"}>} Amount)

-

sum({$<nET_PROFIT={'nET_PROFIT'}, date={">=$(=num(AddYears(YearStart(Today()), -1)))<=$(=num(AddYears(Today(), -1)))"}>} Amount)

)

/

sum({$<nET_PROFIT={'nET_PROFIT'}, date={">=$(=num(AddYears(YearStart(Today()), -1)))<=$(=num(AddYears(Today(), -1)))"}>} Amount)

Highlighted
Master
Master

Hi Vineeth

Thank you for your sharing.

If you see carefully , the bar chart , shown that profit for 2015 was -ve value , and 2016 was +ve value.

the fact is that logically the % should be +ve , but your expression is still show -ve.

Paul

Highlighted
Champion II
Champion II

Hi Paul,

Recheck your expression for profit, you are multiplying it with -1.

What is the purpose of multiplying profit with -1?

Highlighted
Master
Master

Hi Vineeth

You are right , the -ve sign should not be there ,  i think i accidently enter in , which is wrong. after i remove the -ve sign.

Now after remove the -ve sign. but for TDSID , how to make it display +ve % ?

Paul