Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to open a application with section access in sense?

Hi all,

I created a application in sense and after finished, included a simple section access. Now I can't open this again.

What I can do about this?

Thanks a lot.

6 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Hi Michele - section access is only supported in the Qlik Sense Server environment, not desktop.

Are you receiving this error while using the desktop ? or when using the hub from a qlik sense server ?

Can you share the QVF ? It may help

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

This error ocurred when I used desktop.

The qvf is attached.

Thanks

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Was the QVF built using desktop or had it previously been loaded on a qlik sense server (and the security activated).

I was able to import the QVF into my own qlik sense server and view the load script and sheets just fine.  I did try to delete the section access script , save and then export the QVF file and retry in the desktop but no luck.

So i was wondering if this was authored only in desktop or was it refreshed  on the server at any point ?

Not applicable
Author

This created only in desktop.

I couldn't  use the server yet, because appears error 500  when I try access de qmc...

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

OK - so i THINK that after you added section access in the script, you in fact LOADED the app and saved the changes from desktop.

If that is the case, you need to get your server running and reload the app on the server WITHOUT the script.

Then it will be reset.

No other way around unless you have a backup.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Forgot to add that once you make the successful change on the server you can export the app again to make it accessible from the desktop.