Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How to overcome dynamic label challenges in qlik sense?

Hello

Qlik Developers

We recently moved from qlikview to qliksense. I built an app in qlik sense based on qlikview app but in qlik sense i am facing problem for creating dynamic labels for expressions. In my app there are many dynamic label calculations. As i know that we don't have dynamic label options in qlik sense how to overcome this? Please see the attached image.

Thanks

Anil Danda

3 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

For each of those measures if you expand them you can then type in the text that you would like the label to be.  I don't believe that there is a way to dynamically do this though.

dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Mark

Thanks for your response. I want a calculated label for the expressions same like qlikview in qlik sense but i know that's it's not possible in qlik sense. How to face this type of requirement in qlik sense?

Thanks

Anil Danda

simon_hallworth
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Anil,

You can generate dynamic labels in pivot tables using dollar sign expansion as shown below.

PivotTableDynamicLabel.png

You can also put text before and after the dollar sign expansion if required (no need for ='Text ' & ).

This only appears to be supported in the pivot table object at the moment. As this is a deviation from the normal approach (vote for the expression icon here https://community.qlik.com/ideas/4566) and is not mentioned in the help, I would say it could change in future releases.

Simon