Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikToFindOut
Creator
Creator

How to set the custom property for an app on creation?

Hello,

I am currently attempting to use custom properties to manage streams such that users would be categorized into different departments. For example, this one custom property called Department would have values of Sales or Finance.

So once an app is created by a user, it doesn't have any default custom property set. Is there a a way such that the custom property would be set based on what the custom property of the user is?

For example, if the user has a custom property value of Sales for the Department custom property, then the app would automatically have the Department custom property set to "Sales". That way, the admin for the stream can see and publish the app by any particular user within the stream.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't think you can set custom properties automagically when a user creates an app. Perhaps you can use a stream instead like "Sales Concepts" that you allow the user to publish to. Then the Admin can look at that stream and duplicate apps to the final "Sales" stream.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't think you can set custom properties automagically when a user creates an app. Perhaps you can use a stream instead like "Sales Concepts" that you allow the user to publish to. Then the Admin can look at that stream and duplicate apps to the final "Sales" stream.

QlikToFindOut
Creator
Creator
Author

That's a huge bummer that it can't be automated like that.

Thanks for the assistance. I will try to implement a workaround or at least try a derivative of what you mentioned.

By the way, are we assuming that the developers/users have access to the QMC when you say that the user will publish to a particular stream? How would you prevent two users editing the same exact app? Won't it cause a version conflict?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, if a user has access to the hub and has rights to publish to a stream he/she can do that from the hub. Two users cannot edit the same app. Only one user can be owner of an app at a time. Only the owner can edit the app.