Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ringolau
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to show dimension value

ringolau_0-1590758356217.png

I have a [Month ID] as the filter in the chart and wants user to select a particular month. Then in the chart I want to use [Month ID] as the dimension and show the net sales of the last 12 months. As I only select one [Month ID] instead of a range, the chart can only show one month now. Any formula I can use in the dimension value to achieve what I want to do?

RIngo.

3 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Check this post.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/Calculating-rolling-n-period-totals-averages-or-oth...

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

use set analysis something like below.

Sum( {<MonthYear={"<=$(=Max(MonthYear)) >=$(=Date(AddMonths(MonthYear,-12)))"}>} OrderRecordCounter)

ringolau
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your answer but my issue is in how to show the dimension. Actually I am trying to use this expression for the chart dimension.

=if([Month ID] >= $(vSelectedMonthIDLY) and [Month ID]<=$(vSelectedMonthID),[Month ID] )

However as I only select one Month ID (YYYYMM) in the filter, it then dictate to show that mont in the x-axis only.