Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

I want to see missing or 0 dates in Qlik Sense

Hello,

I know this is one of the most important and difficult thing to do in Qlikview but now I would like to do it in Qlik Sense.

I have a table with a date, a country and a value. 

Of course, when i select a Country, some dates are not available anymore.

I want my bar chart to make these dates appear instead of suppressing them.

With Qlikview I can Show All Values, and uncheck Suppress Zeros and uncheck Supress Missing and work with a Master Calendar and that's fine.

With Qlik Sense I don't find these settings and I did not manage to do it ..

How can i Do it ? I'm sure we can

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try adding sum({1}0) to your measure: sum(Value) + sum({1}0). And make sure to enable the Show zero values option.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try adding sum({1}0) to your measure: sum(Value) + sum({1}0). And make sure to enable the Show zero values option.

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Brilliant !

Thanks

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hmmm in fact I was very happy because it worked when I had only one month of data.

But now, I have loaded 6 months and when I just select one month, the graph shows all 6 months with only values for the month selected. Quite strange .. So I still can't work with that solution ..

Do you have an example qvf where it works flawlessly ?

Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

What's the behavior you expect?

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sorry for the late answer.

Here is what I want :

I have a list of connections on a web site, with a date, unique id of visitor, and country

I have a link of this file with a generated calendar with all days.

I have made a bar chart with Days and number of visitors (having Show null values checked).

When I do a standard bar chart, and don't select anything, it works and your bar chart with sum({1} 0) is fine too

Clipboard Image (1).png

When I select one month, it works as expected with the standard bar chart but your chart with sum({1} 0)  shows all days without filtering on the month. That's ok but i prefer the first behaviour

Clipboard Image (2).png

But if I select something outside the date area, the browser for example, your chart still works the same but the standard only shows the day where the browser is available.

Clipboard Image (4).png

How can I do to show only the days from the calendar period selected (with null values) when another filter is selected ?

What I would like to show here is the days of february only with the 2/02 at 1 and the other days at 0

If I can send you a qvf tell me

Thanks